Piran Post – June edition
DOG TRIVIA QUIZ
- Through what part of the body does a dog sweat?
- How many teeth does an adult dog have?
- What is a dog’s most highly developed sense?
- Which TV series had a dog named K9 who was also a robot?
- Which dog breed has a black tongue?
- Are dalmations born with spots?
- What breed of dog is Snoopy?
- What was the name of Bill Sikes’s dog in Oliver Twist?
- What does ‘dachshund’ translate to in English?
- How many eyelids does a dog have?
- What breed is Scooby Doo?
- What is Scooby Doo’s owner called?
- Name the world’s most popular dog breed?
- What was the name and breed of Dorothy’s dog in the Wizard of Oz?
- Name a song elvis song about dogs.
- What breed of dog is Pluto?
- who had a huge hit with ‘Puppy Love’?
- How long are dogs pregnant?
- What is the largest dog breed?
- what is the smallest dog breed?
- Dr Who
- Chow Chow
- Bulls Eye
- Badger Dog
- Great Dane
- Toto, Cairn Terrier
- Hound dog
- Blood hound
- Donny Osmond
- 58 – 68 days
- English Mastiff
Walk 4. Polberro & Cameron Estate
Walk distance 3.5 miles
Me and Evie really enjoyed this walk today as it took us along a lane we hadn’t walked before, so here goes……
We started the walk at West Polberro in St Agnes, along Trevaunance Road from the village then turn right as signposted towards West Polberro. Follow this road until you come to a path on the left taking you across the quarry.
Follow the path until it widens and then head left until you reach a wider track.
Again, turn left so you are walking towards the Beacon.
When you reach Beacon Drive, turn right and walk along the road until you reach a gate and a lane to the right that looks like a path to the sea.
Follow this path to the end then when you reach the large stone turn left.
At this point take the right hand path
At this point take the left hand path then cross the road and continue along the narrower path and onto the Cameron Estate. Keep walking along this path until you reach the road, turn left then almost immediately left back onto a track. Follow this path towards the Beacon.
At this point, follow the left hand path that takes you past a field on your right and towards a style. Follow the road to a gate and turn right back up towards Beacon Drive.
Upon reaching Beacon Drive, cross the road as if you are going to walk up the Beacon but take the lower path to the left of the National Trust sign. You will be walking across the bottom of the Beacon with the sea on your left.
When you reach Beacon Road turn left and walk until you reach the junction with Beacon Drive.
Cross and follow the lane with the cottages on your left. This will take you back towards the quarry.
Look out for this narrow track on your right as it will lead you back to West Polberro.
I hope you found your way back ok !